Darkness to Light Workshop – Prevention of Child Sexual Abuse
DARKNESS TO LIGHT WORKSHOP
On Prevention of Child Sexual Abuse
Join us on June 3, 2015 at the Friendship Center (1430 N. Sanders St.) to make Helena a safer community.
Did you know;
1 in 10 children experience child sexual abuse before their 18th birthday?
90% are abused by people they know and trust.
Montana investigates 7,600 child abuse and neglect cases every year involving 11,000 children that need help and support.
The Stewards of Children Program is a nonprofit organization that developed the Darkness To Light Workshop. We seek to empower adults to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to child sexual abuse.
This FREE Workshop will teach you 5 steps to protecting our children:
- Learn the Facts; you will understand the definition of sexual abuse.
- Minimize Opportunity; learn how an offender draws a victim into a sexual relationship.
- Talk about It; understand why children are afraid to tell.
- Recognize the Signs; emotional and behavioral signals are more common.
- React Responsibly; learn what and how to respond to a disclosure.
This evidence-based curriculum is widely used throughout the United States and in other countries. Every participant will receive a workbook.
The workshop is from 2-4:30 PM on June 3rd. Call 442-6800 and ask for Kim Sickerson to register for this FREE workshop! This program has been approved for 2 contact hours of continuing education by the NASW and NBCC as well as for nurses. The Helena School District has approved this curriculum for their teachers.