Broccoli Baked Potatoes
BROCCOLI BAKED POTATOES
Our Advice: Journal as 1/2 cup starchy food or legumes with one teaspoon fat + 1 ounce cheese
6 medium Idaho potatoes
3 stalks broccoli
1/4 cup skim milk
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/8 tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Scrub potatoes.
- Make shallow slits around the middle as if you were cutting the potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Bake until done 30 to 60 minutes, depending on size.
- Peel broccoli stems.
- Steam whole stalks just until tender and chop finely.
- Carefully slice the potatoes in half and scoop the insides into a bowl with the broccoli.
- Add milk, 3/4 cup cheese and pepper. Mash together until the mixture is pale green with dark green flecks.
- Heap into the potato jackets and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Return to oven to heat through (about 15 minutes).
This is an official 5 A Day recipe.
Yield: 6 servings
Nutritional Analysis Per Potato: calories 274, fat 7.5 g, calories from fat 24%, fiber 4.4 g, cholesterol 22 mg, sodium 516 mg, protein 9.9 g.