Student Assistance Foundation
SAF: Dedicated to Empowering Montana’s Youth
At Student Assistance Foundation (SAF), our mission is to provide students and families with the knowledge and tools to pursue and fund their postsecondary education. As such, it’s our pleasure to use our mission to empower Montana students to aim high, and work hard to achieve their dreams.
We accomplish our mission by providing the following programs to Montana students and families:
- Acce$$ Grants — These are delivered to Montana students in financial need through the financial aid offices of Montana’s two-year, four-year, and tribal colleges. To date, we have provided nearly $12 million in this type of aid.
- Circle of Succe$$ Scholarships — These are provided to second, third and fourth-year Montana students to assist with costs associated with attaining postsecondary education. To date, we have delivered $404,000 through this program.
- Campus and Community Outreach — Our outreach managers provide free money management counseling, scholarships search and applications assistance, Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) completion help, resource referral and more. Offices are located in Billings, Bozeman, Butte, Great Falls, Helena, Kalispell, Miles City, Missoula and Pablo.
- Foster Care Youth Assistance — SAF helps foster care youth prepare and pay for college through the free “A Step Ahead” College Prep Camp and by administering the Foster Care Education and Training Voucher program for the state on behalf of the Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services.
- Online Services — SAF helps Montana students and families find out how to get to college and be successful through its SmartAboutCollege.org website. Visit the site to learn what classes to take to get to college, find out where to look for scholarships and how to apply for them, watch instructional videos on FAFSA completion and more.
To learn more about SAF’s programs, and how we can help you prepare for your bright future, visit SmartAboutCollege.org.