How to talk about marijuana with your kid:
Marijuana use can be a tricky topic to approach. Being prepared for this conversation can make it easier.
Effects of substance use on the teen body
This 3-minute video developed by the Mountain Plains PTTC describes the effects of the most commonly used substances (E-Cigarettes, Cannabis, & Alcohol) on the developing teen body.
Secondhand marijuana smoke
Think there are no dangers of secondhand marijuana smoke? Think again.
Click the button below to learn more.
Montana Alliance of Prevention
Meet the team!
- The Legalization of Marijuana in Colorado: The Impact
- Lessons Learned from State Marijuana Legalization
- SAMHSA National Survey on Drug Use and Health
- SAM Marijuana Legalization: Quick Facts
- SAM The Costs of Marijuana Legalization to Society
- SAM Marijuana and Insurance in the U.S.
- SAM Revenues Vs. Reality
- SAM Illegal Diversion of Marijuana: A Growing Problem
- SAM Marijuana and the Workplace
- SAM Driving and Marijuana: A Dangerous Mix
- Marijuana Legalization: The Issues
- Marijuana and Teens
- Know the Risks of Marijuana
- Marijuana Awareness & Prevention Toolkit
- Marijuana Event Toolkit
- Marijuana Talk Kit
- Mothers and Babies
- Marijuana Facts
- Basic Cannabis Knowledge
- MT Marijuana DUI Law and Penalties
Marijuana — legal or otherwise — is a hot topic. It’s more important than ever for parents to protect their kids’ health and development by addressing this issue early and often. We want to help families navigate through a changing marijuana landscape; one that includes new policies like legalization, as well as new products, like “edible” candies and cookies. Your teens are likely asking you some tough questions and challenging you on the topic of marijuana. We’ve worked with top experts in health and parenting to help you talk with your teen. Believe it or not, you are the most powerful influence in your child’s life. More than friends. More than TV. More than celebrities.